»

Monday, September 12, 2011

I Will Never Buy a Cricut!


Cricut Personal: The Original
I love meeting new people who love to paper craft just like me. I know Natalie does too. When I hear people say, “I will never buy a Cricut” I get a big silly grin on my face and start listening intently. *Muahahaha* People will go on and on about the reasons why. Heck, I used to be one of those people. It’s just so funny to listen in.  So I wait and I wait, for that one moment where I can casually interject and say, “Really? Never? I can’t imagine living without my Cricut” (or, something like that).  Then I’ll go into all the different things I’ve made and how it saved me time and money, blah, blah, blah. I mean, you would think I’m a total salesperson for Provo Craft, the makers of the Cricut. But I am not – I just really like their stuff.

Don’t get me wrong…there are plenty of things about the Cricut that can be pretty annoying. It’s not a perfect machine – I mean it doesn’t make a Carmel Machiatto for me, sheesh - but it’s the best thing us “scrappers” have to work with.  Let me just say this one thing: I wish the screen was a whole lot bigger across the board. I’ll just leave it at that. Maybe I’ll post my rants someday on this blog to commiserate with all of you out there. 

So back on topic…last weekend, Natalie and I were at a stamping class and some of the super sweet ladies in the class were talking about this very topic and how they never use their Cricuts, they’re intimidated by it, they don’t know what to use it for, and so on. By the end of the conversation, I secretly felt like there was a good chance that one of those ladies would go home and tinker around on their machine. One person even suggested that the store offer a Cricut class. That just puts all kinds of warm fuzzies all over my heart! Yay to her.

Well, I suppose that’s when Nat and I started feeling inspired and really wanted to help people break through the barriers of using their machines, hence the point of this blog.  (Did I just say “hence”? It totally reminds me of “House Bunny”, the movie with Anna Farris where she’s pretending to be smart and says it so confidently. Does anyone remember that scene?) 

We really want to help you out if you’re struggling with that Cricut. So if there is something you would like us to demonstrate in a video or even a little thing like what the heck does the “repeat last” button do…we are SO happy to help. Bring it on. We will try really hard to make it fun and easy for you to learn.  See you and your Cricut soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment